First day in London, a sunny bank holiday Sunday, lucky us!
It was the perfect day after the long flight, and we took full advantage of it. Well, kind of half of it, it was hard to get up early in the morning after a flying day…
And here’s our itinerary:
- From our place in Chelsea we walked to Hyde Park, with a short stop at the Butterfly Jungle
- A nice stroll in Hyde Park past the Royal Albert Hall, Albert Memorial, Round Pond, to Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Playground
- Afternoon tea at the Orangerie
- Another stroll through Kensington Gardens past the Palace brought us to a bus stop
- From here we took the BUS for a quick glimpse of central London, the arch route (Wellington Arch, Marble Arch)
- The bus ride ended on Oxford Street, just a short stroll to our dinner destination
- Belgo! Yum for everyone, and super kid friendly too!
- Another bus ride, bus no 19 brought us back home through the bustling Piccadilly Circus
It was lots of fun, a bit of wait but not that scary as it shows in the pics.
Another long line that went fast, kids found friends and chased pigeons, so all was good. Well, I’m not into tea, so that was … you know, for the kids…
With almost a dozen of mussel dishes, I was instantly hooked. All the other Belgian ingredients mixed in the pot, kids eat free with parents …
no more fish&chips for us in yummy London, yay!
As expected, first trip day&city, no jetlag for us 🙂