First destination is S O L V A N G. This is the Danish Capital of US, set your GPS to Solvang, CA 93463, 1683 Copenhagen Drive. I always liked this place, and every visit to the little Hans Christian Andersen museum tucked upstairs in The Book Loft Building is enchanting. Somehow I always find something exciting here, refreshing for an almost 100 year old place. We never stayed overnight in Solvang though, and one time when later hours got us still there I remember that the town went silently to sleep. So I was looking for things to do in the late afternoon and stumbled upon an event that will make our young jewellery designer so happy: Meet John Kennedy and create a custom jewel
- ELVERHØJ MUSEUM OF HISTORY & ART
- Danish Days in Solvang
- Hans Christian Andersen Park
- Sunny Fields Park
- O S T R I C H L A N D
DENMARK FOR KIDS:
- Meet the Kids!
- DENMARK FOR KIDS
- EXPLORE DENMARK!
- Visit Denmark: Great things to do with children in Denmark
- National Geographic Traveler : 48 HOURS IN COPENHAGEN
- dwell : DETOUR : Copenhagen, Denmark
Next destination, LOS ANGELES WITH KIDS!
With only little time it will be tough to choose, but here is a beginning of LA ITINERARIES and a shorter wishlist for this trip:
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Rancho La Brea Tar Pits, map
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- The Getty
We knew that LEGO history began in 1932 in Denmark and the name LEGO itself is a fusion of the Danish words “LEg” and “GOdt” (“play well”), but the Danes claim the inspiration for Disneyland comes from Tivoli Gardens too, so here’s another Danish destination in our itinerary 🙂